White Bean Crostini with Watermelon Radishes are the perfect spring bite! Toasted baguette topped with creamy white bean spread, spring greens and crunchy watermelon radishes is an easy appetizer to go with dinner or savory bite to have with brunch.
Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away and I’m sure many of you, myself included, will be making mom a special meal. Whether it’s a lazy Sunday morning brunch or an elegant dinner, these White Bean Crostini with Watermelon Radishes are worthy of a spot on your table.
I’m still debating whether to make my mom brunch or dinner for Mother’s Day. Since it’s been so long since we’ve been together on the special day, I’m thinking I might do both. We’ll see how ambitious I’m feeling. The French bakery down the street might be getting my business that morning if I slack off, they have amazing pastries! I’ll at least make the mimosas though.
When it comes to special occasion dinners I always like to make an appetizer. When I was a kid, appetizers always seemed so fancy, probably because we never really made or even ordered them at restaurants. These days I can make a meal out of appetizers, I actually prefer it. It’s the perfect way to get a little taste of everything and not have to commit to one dish.
Appetizers don’t need to be fancy, in fact if I stumble on one and it has too many steps I don’t bother with it. Not only is this White Bean Crostini with Watermelon Radishes uncomplicated, but it’s fresh, light and makes a wonderful spring appetizer or brunch bite.
The white bean spread for the crostini can be made ahead of time so that the only thing your left with on party/brunch day is slicing the radishes, toasting the baguette and assembling, which is a breeze!
The white bean spread is a combination of the beans, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Everything is puréed in the food processor until it’s creamy and smooth, then spread on top of slices of toasted baguette. I used a multi-grain seeded baguette to make the crostini more wholesome and give it more texture and flavor.
The white bean spread is topped with a few pieces of baby greens of your choice and a few slices of watermelon radishes are placed on top. Another drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of salt and pepper and they’re ready to serve! It’s the perfect fresh, crisp, savory bite!
More Appetizers for Mother’s Day
- 2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 of a lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 radishes, sliced as thin as possible
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 baguette, I used multi grain
- Preheat oven to broil, brush the slices of baguette with a little olive oil, then place them on a baking sheet.
- Toast the bread until golden brown.
- In a food processor add the cannellini beans, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Purée the mixture until smooth. If needed add a little water a teaspoon at a time until you get your desired consistency.
- Spread the bean mixture on top of each toasted baguette slice then top with a few baby greens and sliced watermelon radishes.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g