Cranberry Maple Pecan Baked Brie Bites are a quick and easy appetizer that’s perfect for the holidays! Mini phyllo shells filled with melted brie and topped with a sweet, cinnamon, maple, pecan and cranberry topping. They’ll be gone faster than you can put them on the plate!
It’s holiday party season and who doesn’t need a quick and easy appetizer you can put together in minutes? These Cranberry Maple Pecan Baked Brie Bites check all of those boxes and will disappear in less time than it took you to make them!
Brie is a cheese people either love or hate. I happen to love it. The cheese is soft and creamy with a buttery flavor. It also melts like a dream! I think when people say they don’t like it, it’s because of the rind covering the cheese. The rind is can be a little funky and earthy in flavor, but it’s completely edible. If you’re totally opposed to the rind, feel free to cut it off for this appetizer.
What Do I Need to Make the Baked Brie Bites?
- Mini phyllo shells, you’ll find them in the freezer section by the puff pastry
- Dried Cranberries
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon and cayenne pepper, the cayenne is optional, but adds the perfect hint of heat to go with the sweet topping.
If you’ve never made an appetizer in mini phyllo shells you’ll quickly fall in love with them. I have several appetizers that use them and one of my favorites are these Baked Brie and Fig Jam Bites. They are the perfect bite size vessel for virtually any kind of filling. For a cold appetizer try these Hummus and Roasted Pepper Phyllo Bites and for another hot option, these Baked Jalapeño Popper Phyllo Cups look amazing!
The great thing about the phyllo shells is they are pre-baked so all the work is done for you. If you’re make a hot appetizer with them they only go in the oven as long as it takes to warm or in this case melt the filling. These Cranberry Maple Pecan Baked Brie Bites took approximately 10 minutes. This happen to be the perfect amount of time to make the topping.
To make the topping all you need to do is bring the maple syrup (not pancake syrup) to a boil in a small saucepan. Once it comes to a boil, add in the chopped pecans, dried cranberries, cinnamon, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Let the mixture come back to a boil and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes so it thickens slightly.
When the baked brie bites come out of the oven immediately top them with a small spoonful of the cranberry pecan topping. This appetizer is best warm, but also tastes just as good at room temperature. It’s perfect for all of your parties and easy enough to throw together when any last minutes guests drop by.
More Phyllo Shell Appetizers
- 30 mini phyllo shells
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° and place the mini phyllo shells on a baking sheet.
- Place a cube of the brie in each phyllo shell and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the brie has melted.
- While the brie bakes, pour the maple syrup into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the pecans, dried cranberries, cinnamon, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Let the mixture come to a boil again and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until the syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove the baked brie bites from the oven and top with a small spoonful of the cranberry pecan topping. Best served immediately, but taste great at room temperature as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g