If you love bagels and lox then you’ll go crazy for this Everything Bagel and Lox Breakfast Pizza! A fun and tasty mashup on the classic that will have everyone grabbing a slice at your next brunch!
Spring is finally here and with it comes two of the biggest holidays for brunching, Easter and Mother’s Day. Spring is the perfect time of year for brunch. The weather is warming up, all of the trees and flowers start to bloom, basically we all start crawling out of hibernation. When it comes to making and hosting brunch I like to keep it simple, but delicious and that’s exactly what this Everything Bagel and Lox Breakfast Pizza is!
Bagels and Lox is a classic breakfast that originated in New York and pizza, well, it’s life. I could eat pizza anytime of day. Hot out of the oven, burning my mouth because I’m too impatient to wait for it to cool or standing with the fridge door open eating it cold. Tell me I’m not the only one who does this!
It seemed only natural to take two classics and combine them into the most glorious brunch mashup, Everything Bagel and Lox Breakfast Pizza. The pizza is great for brunch because it’s best served at room temperature. No need for it to be piping hot from the oven when served, if fact I don’t advise doing that or the cream cheese will be a mess.
I used whole wheat pizza dough for the crust and after rolling it out drizzled the top with a little olive oil and sprinkled on some everything bagel seasoning. This seasoning is all the rage right now and you can buy it already made at my favorite spice shop here in Colorado. Trader Joe’s also carries it or you can of course make your own blend.
The crust gets baked in the oven just like you would any other pizza, but without any of the toppings on it. After it’s baked let it cool completely before smearing the cream cheese all over it. The cream cheese is combined with more of that everything bagel seasoning and I’m a little embarrassed to admit how much I was eating with a spoon. It’s so good!
On top of the generous cream cheese layer add your favorite brand of lox or smoked salmon would work as well. For the finishing touches, fresh dill, capers and fresh ground black pepper. If you aren’t a fan of capers you can absolutely leave them off, but I enjoyed the salty, briny pops with every bite. Add this drool-worthy Everything Bagel and Lox Breakfast Pizza to your next brunch, it won’t disappoint!
More Easy Brunch Recipes
Cinnamon Apple Berry Baked Oatmeal
Everything Bagel and Lox Breakfast Pizza
- 1/2 pound pizza dough (I used whole wheat)
- 3 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning, divided
- 4 ounces lox or smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Finely sliced red onion and fresh dill to taste
- Preheat oven to 475° F. and place a pizza stone or heavy duty baking sheet in the oven to get hot.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the pizza dough into a circle or rectangle, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle the top with a teaspoon of the everything bagel seasoning. Remove the pizza stone of baking sheet from the oven and slide the dough and parchment paper onto it. Place it back in the oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until it's golden brown and baked through.
- Remove the baked crust from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. While the pizza is cooling whisk together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and remaining teaspoon of everything bagel seasoning. Taste for seasoning.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of the cooled crust. Top the cream cheese with the lox, capers, red onion and fresh dill. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Leave a Reply