Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Ricotta are an easy to make, light dessert, that’s perfect for summer!
I promise I’ll take a break from this peachfest next week, but I couldn’t resist sharing one more to finish off the week. The last two peach recipes were great for breakfast or a snack, but today I thought I’d share an easy and delicious dessert, Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Honey Ricotta.
It’s come to my attention that I shouldn’t be allowed to keep ricotta in my house because I absolutely can’t leave it alone. I find myself sneaking a spoonful of it multiple times throughout the day and before I know it half the container is gone. Does anyone else have this problem?
I can’t get enough of it’s creamy, cheesy texture, and I love that it’s so versatile. The obvious use for it is in Italian food, but to be honest we don’t eat a whole lot of that (pizza being the exception), especially in the summer. Heavy foods and especially ones I have to turn the oven on for are not at the top of my cravings list during the hot summer days.
These grilled peaches are perfect for summer barbecues. They take only minutes to make and use just 5 ingredients! You can make them outside where your friends and family are and don’t have to be stuck in the kitchen. Plus, they’re on the lighter side so you won’t feel overly stuffed after all the grilled meat and side dishes.
To make the grilled peaches start by making the ricotta topping. Mix together part skim or whole milk ricotta with honey, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract until it’s combined. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to grill the peaches.
To grill the peaches, simply cut them in half, remove the seed, and brush the cut side with a little oil or melted butter. Place them cut side down on a hot grill and grill them for about 3 minutes or until they have nice marks on them.
All that’s left to do is spoon some of the cinnamon honey ricotta on top, sprinkle on a little more cinnamon and drizzle with honey. You can’t beat this deliciously sweet and easy summer dessert!
More Summer Fruit Desserts
- 4 peaches, halved and the pit removed
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more for drizzling on top
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl whisk together the ricotta, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Brush a little oil or melted butter onto the cut side of the peaches. Place the peaches cut side down onto the hot grill. Grill the peaches for about 3 minutes or until they are warm and marked.
- Top the peaches with the cinnamon honey ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with more honey.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g