Grilled Salmon with Mango Cucumber Mint Salsa is a must make this grilling season! A fast, fresh, healthy and flavorful dinner you’ll be making all summer long.
The end of this roller coaster of cold and warm weather in Denver is in it’s final month and I’m so happy! I’m looking forward to consistently warm days and no more of this 75 degrees one day and 55 the next. I don’t want to take my winter coat out of the closet again until October.
One of my favorite parts of warm weather is taking my cooking outdoors to the grill. I’m not a fan of our house smelling like food, (unless it’s cookies or bread baking) so any chance I get to grill, I take it.
Salmon is always a favorite of ours to grill and I can’t get enough of this Grilled Salmon with Mango Cucumber Mint Salsa!
When I’m extra hungry I almost always choose to grill salmon over chicken. Salmon is full of healthy fat so it leaves me feeling full and satisfied much longer than a piece of chicken would. I generally don’t put a lot of seasoning on it. Salt, pepper, sometimes dill. If I’m in the mood for Southwest flavors, chili powder and cumin.
Where I do add flavor is in a fresh salsa to serve on top of it. Since mangos are so cheap right now, I knew a mango salsa was in order. Normally, I use cilantro in salsas, but I wanted this one to be a little different. I chose mint because of it’s fresh, clean flavor and it pairs great with mango.
To give the salsa so crunchy texture I used an English cucumber in it as well. Again another clean flavor that also pairs well with mint. For a little heat, there’s a jalapeño and then fresh lime juice is added in for a zippy, citrus kick of flavor.
The salsa has just the right amount of heat, sweet and fresh flavor and is the perfect topper for this grilled salmon. It will also keep in the fridge for a couple days if there happens to be any leftovers or you need to make it in advance.
What to Serve with the Salmon
Perfect Brown Rice
Crispy Roasted Herb Potatoes
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Mediterranean Bulgur Salad with Carrots, Almonds and Feta
More Grilled Salmon Recipes
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
Southwest Grilled Salmon with Blueberry Corn Salsa
Grilled Salmon with Mango Cucumber Mint Salsa
- 4 (3 ounce) wild caught skin-on salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ataulfo mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, seeds scooped out and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush or spray the grill grates with oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper then place them on the grill flesh side down. Grill for 3 minutes then flip and grill another 3-4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 120° F.
- Remove the skin and let the salmon rest while you make the salsa.
- In a medium sized bowl add all of the ingredients for the salsa. Season with kosher salt (I used about a 1/2 teaspoon) and stir together until combined. Taste for seasoning then top the grilled salmon with it.
- An Ataulfo mango is also referred to as yellow, honey, Adaulfo, Adolfo, or Champagne mango.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 47mgFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 19g
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite says
Perfect summer recipe to use with cucumber from my garden!! Looks so fresh and flavorful. :)
Thanks Brittany! I’m really looking forward to using both cucumbers and mint from my garden as well this summer.