Grilled Salmon Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa will be a hit this grilling season! Mexican spiced grilled salmon topped with the most flavorful sweet, savory and spicy salsa. Tacos you can feel good about eating!
The biggest excuse to eat tacos, chips, salsa and drink margaritas is coming up in less than 3 weeks! Cinco de Mayo baby! Being a huge Mexican food lover, I take this holiday very seriously. This year we’re even planning to throw a party, complete with ALL the tacos. I’ve been testing out new taco recipes to possibly serve and these Grilled Salmon Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa are in the running.
We had a few warm days last week which meant it was time to fire up the grill again. I always forget how much I miss grilling after a several month break during the winter. I could grill during the winter, but the older I get the less interested I am in standing outside in the cold waiting for food to cook.
Fish, especially salmon is a protein that I prefer grilled over any other cooking method. There’s something about the char and smoke that adds boatloads of extra flavor. To give these salmon tacos some Mexican flavor I made a quick dry rub consisting of chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
The cut and type of salmon you use is up to you, but my preference is wild caught Sockeye salmon with the skin on. I find that skin on salmon is easier to grill because it holds the fish together and keeps it from falling apart when you flip it. If you can get center cut fillets that’s even better because they will grill more evenly.
After the salmon is cooked, remove the skin and flake it apart with a fork. To top these tasty tacos I made a fresh and simple strawberry avocado salsa. The salsa has sweet, savory and spicy flavors going on and you’ll be piling it high on top of those grilled salmon tacos!
The salsa is best made right before serving. As you know avocados will brown fairly quickly, even with the lime juice in the salsa. The strawberries will also soften if they sit around for very long in the mixture. But with as good as it tastes, I guarantee you won’t have leftovers and if you do, that’s what chips are for. Enjoy!
Grilled Salmon Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
Strawberry Avocado Salsa
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely diced
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pat the salmon dry with paper towels then sprinkle the seasoning mix over the salmon fillets, rubbing it in gently to ensure it doesn't all fall off.
- Oil the grill grates and place the salmon on the grill (flesh side down if using skin-on). Cook for approximately 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness and how well done you like it cooked. Let the salmon rest for several minutes before removing the skin and flaking it apart with a fork.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the strawberry avocado salsa. Stir together gently and taste for seasoning.
- Warm or grill the corn tortillas and fill them with the grilled flaked salmon and topped with the salsa.
- This recipe will feed 4 generously or 6 if you don't fill your tacos as full.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
More Taco Recipes
Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa Verde
Sweet and Spicy Ancho Chile Short Rib Tacos
Creamy Green Chile Chicken Tacos
TACOS has been always favorite for me. And when it is with strawberry avocado salsa then I think that will be more delicious. Thank for your sharing this idea! :)