This fresh peach margarita is perfect for summer! Made with sweet, fresh peach purée, lime juice, and your favorite tequila. It’s a must make cocktail for a hot day!
If you love this margarita recipe then try out these spicy watermelon margaritas!
Why you’ll love this margarita recipe
Fresh peaches – This margarita is a must make during peach season. I love the sweetness of the fresh peaches paired with the tartness of the lime juice.
Summer cocktail – Margaritas are great anytime of year, but especially on a hot summer day. They’re sweet, tart, refreshing, and perfect to sip on a hot day!
Easy to make – You only need 4 ingredients to make these peach margaritas. You’ll need a blender to make the fresh peach purée and either a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid.
- Peaches – Look for ripe juicy peaches. They’ll give you the best peach flavor and will be the easiest to purée.
- Limes – Fresh limes will give you the best flavor for margaritas. I don’t recommend using bottled lime juice.
- Tequila – Silver tequila is what I generally use for margaritas and it’s what I used in this recipe. You can use gold tequila if you prefer. Most importantly, use your favorite brand!
- Agave syrup – I love to use agave syrup for margaritas. It mixes in great and since we’re using tequila, might as well stick with the agave theme.
How to make a peach margarita
Making these fresh peach margaritas couldn’t be easier!
Peel a peach and remove the pit. You can slice it or add in the two halves depending on how powerful your blender is.
Blend the peach until it’s smooth and puréed. Pour the purée into a jar or bowl. You’ll likely have extra.
Add the tequila, lime juice, peach purée, and agave to a cocktail shaker or jar along with a couple ice cubes. Shake vigorously until combined and chilled. Strain the margarita into a glass rimmed with salt and garnished with a peach slice if desired.
Tips for the best peach margaritas
- Use a ripe juicy peach. If it isn’t ripe or juicy it won’t purée well in the blender and will be chunky.
- Use a good quality tequila that you like.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice for the best flavor.
- Agave works well as a sweetener because it mixes and dissolves well. You can use simple syrup or honey as an alternative. If using honey, I recommend warming it in the microwave for a few seconds so it’s runny.
- Line your margarita glasses with coarse salt or or sugar depending on if you want a sweet or salty rim.
Peach margarita FAQs
Yes. Let the peaches defrost. You’ll need about 1/2 – 1 cup. Once defrosted add them to the blender just like you would with the fresh and purée until smooth.
Yes. The peach puree can be made a day or 2 in advance and stored in an airtight container. You will likely need to whisk, shake, or blend it again because it may separate.
I always recommend using your favorite brand when making margaritas. You can use silver or gold depending on your preference. Personally I stick to silver “blanco” tequila for margaritas. It has a stronger flavor that mixes well.
Absolutely! Instead of making peach purée, simply freeze peach slices or use frozen peaches and add them along with the remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
More cocktail recipes
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Paloma Cocktail
- Peach Rose Sangria
- Strawberry Lime Vodka Smash
- Bourbon Peach Slush
Did you make this peach margarita? I’d love if you’d leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 2 ounces peach puree (*see instructions below*)
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave or honey
- optional garish: rim salt and fresh peach slice
- Peel a ripe peach and remove the pit. Slice and add it to a blender. Purée the peach until it's smooth.
- In a cocktail shaker or jar, add a couple ice cubes and all of the ingredients for the margarita. Shake vigorously until cold and well combined. Strain into a cocktail glass rimmed with salt and garnish with a peach slice if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.