Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Broccoli is a family friendly, easy to make dinner that’s perfect for busy nights!
The temperatures are finally getting to where I find it acceptable to use the oven again. It’s looking like the 90 degree days are over for the year, but then again this is Colorado and you never know what the weather is going to do.
There’s still a few weeks of summer left, but I know I’ll be transitioning more to cooking in the oven and slow cooker and less on the grill. As always though, I’m all about easy, uncomplicated cooking that tastes great and that’s exactly what this Sheet Pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Broccoli is.
I have a few sheet pan dinners on the blog and will definitely be adding a few more in the future. They’re easy to make, cook in a fairly short amount of time and the best part is, if you line your sheet pan with foil you have almost no dishes to wash! For presentation sake, I didn’t line mine with foil, but any other time you better believe I would be.
One of the most important things to remember when making sheet pan dinners is to find proteins and vegetables that cook for approximately the same amount of time. I knew that full sized chicken breasts would take much longer to cook than broccoli, so I went with chicken tenders instead.
The chicken is dipped in an egg wash, then coated in a crunchy mixture of panko, Parmesan cheese and a combination of dried Italian herbs. The broccoli is simply seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. You can place everything on a half-sized rimmed baking sheet or do the chicken and broccoli separately on two quarter-sized sheets.
The chicken and broccoli roast in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes and halfway through the cooking time you’ll want to flip over the chicken and broccoli so it get’s golden brown and crispy on both sides.
More Sheet Pan Dinners
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed between the palms of your hands
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between the palms of your hands
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed between the palms of your hands
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and line a rimmed sheet pan with foil. Add the broccoli to the sheet pan, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- In a resealable freezer bag add the panko, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and spices. Seal the bag and shake to combine.
- In a shallow dish whisk together the egg with a tablespoon of water or milk. Add the seasoned chicken tenders to the dish and coat them in the egg mixture. Remove the chicken from the dish and into the freezer bag. Shake to coat them in the panko mixture.
- Place the chicken tenders onto the sheet pan and place it into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes then flip the chicken and broccoli over. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the broccoli with the remaining tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Serve as is, with a side of marinara sauce or over pasta.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 44g