You only need 3 ingredients to make these everything bagel roasted potatoes! They’re super crispy and can be served as a side dish with dinner or breakfast!
Roasted potatoes are such an easy side dish to make and serve with dinner. All you really need are potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. In case you feel like adding some extra flavor, I highly recommend giving these everything bagel roasted potatoes a try!
Not only will these potatoes go great alongside your favorite protein at dinner, but they’re the potatoes you need to make with your next weekend breakfast or brunch.
Ingredients For Everything Bagel Roasted Potatoes
- baby potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- olive oil
- everything bagel seasoning
- chives and parsley (optional)
How To Make Everything Bagel Roasted Potatoes
Start by preheating your oven. Rinse the potatoes under cold water and scrubbing off any dirt or debris. One of the nice things about baby potatoes is that there usually isn’t much dirt to scrub off.
Pat the potatoes dry with a towel and then cut them in half. If they’re small enough, you can also leave them whole. I find that they get crispier when halved.
Place the potatoes on a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle the olive oil over them. If you want to cut down on cleanup, line the sheet pan with foil. Sprinkle on the everything bagel seasoning, cracked black pepper, and salt. You probably won’t need much additional salt since the everything bagel seasoning already has salt in it.
Use your hands to toss everything together so that the potatoes are coated in oil and the seasoning. Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove them and toss them around using a spatula. Roast for another 15 minutes or until they’re fork tender.
Once the potatoes are done roasting, put them in a serving bowl and garnish with fresh chopped herbs such as chives or flat leaf parsley. For the crispiest potatoes serve them immediately.
What Is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
If you’ve never had everything bagel seasoning or everything but the bagel seasoning, it may become your new favorite spice blend. The spice blend is a mixture of dried minced garlic and onion, black and white sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and flakes of sea salt.
There are many recipes online if you want to make your own or you can find it at most grocery stores now. If I’m buying it, I always buy this blend from Savory Spice.
Best Way To Reheat Roasted Potatoes
While roasted potatoes always taste best the day you make them, there are a couple ways to reheat them so that they get crispy again.
Oven – Preheat oven to 400° F. and line a sheet pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking oil and spread the potatoes out into a single layer making sure there’s some space between them. Roast them for 10-15 minutes or until they’re warm all the way through.
Skillet – Add a little olive oil to the skillet so the potatoes don’t stick to it. Heat the oil over medium-low heat and add in the potatoes. Toss them around frequently until they’re warmed through.
What To Serve With Everything Bagel Roasted Potatoes
If you plan to serve the potatoes as a side dish with dinner, I recommend serving them with everything bagel chicken tenders, creamy mustard chicken, autumn apple and pear salad, or this California Cobb salad.
If you want to serve them as the breakfast potatoes at your next brunch, try serving them with this sheet pan spinach tomato ricotta frittata, a crustless sausage, kale and ricotta quiche, or this southwest turkey and egg breakfast skillet.
More Vegetable Side Dishes
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
- Balsamic Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Pesto Roasted Potatoes
- Garam Masala and Honey Roasted Carrots
- Green Bean Salad with Feta
- Herb Roasted Potatoes with Blue Cheese
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Fresh herbs such as chives and/or parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Rinse the potatoes and scrub off any dirt. Pat them dry in a clean towel then cut them in half. Any extra small potatoes can be left whole.
- Put the potatoes onto a rimmed sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on the everything bagel seasoning, salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss them together until they're coated.
- Place the sheet pan on the middle rack of the oven and roast them for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and use a spatula to toss around the potatoes. Place it back in the oven and roast another 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and fork tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and place them in a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped chives and/or parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.