This simple Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is fresh, crunchy and you’ll love the sweet and tart lemon honey vinaigrette!
If you love brussels sprouts then you’ll love this quick and easy Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad! If you aren’t a brussels sprouts fan, I encourage you to give this recipe a try. The addition of the salty, nutty, Parmesan cheese and the sweet, tangy, lemon vinaigrette, transform the flavor into something you might truly enjoy.
Brussels sprouts are no stranger to my blog. If I’m roasting them, my go-to recipe are these Chili Honey Lime Roasted Brussels Sprouts. If I’m craving carbs this Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Pesto Pasta is a winner and so is this Brussels Sprouts and Ricotta Pizza. For something uncooked, you’ll want to give this Lemon Parmesan Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad a try.
What Do I Need to Make the Brussels Sprouts Salad?
- Brussels sprouts, I like to buy the pre-shredded ones to save time
- Parmesan cheese, I highly recommend using Parmigiano Reggiano. It’s more expensive, but since this salad doesn’t use many ingredients you want the best flavor.
- Sliced almonds
- Dijon mustard
- Honey or maple syrup
- Olive oil
Making this salad is so easy and can be even easier if you buy a bag of pre-shredded brussels sprouts like I did. I found mine at Whole Foods, but I’m sure many other grocery stores carry them as well. If you can’t find them pre-shredded a food processor will also take care of the job quickly. If neither of these are options for you, simply slice the brussels sprouts thinly with a knife.
How to Shave Parmesan Cheese
Making your own Parmesan cheese shavings is easy and doesn’t require any fancy tools. Simply take a vegetable peeler and run it along one of the flat sides of the cheese. The same technique you would use peeling a carrot or potato.
Once the brussels sprouts, Parmesan cheese and toasted almonds are prepped, the only remaining thing to do is whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
Can This Salad be Made Ahead of Time?
The salad and vinaigrette can be made in advance, I wouldn’t make them more than a day in advance. However, don’t combine the salad and vinaigrette until you are ready to serve. The brussels sprouts absorb the vinaigrette and lose their texture after sitting in it for very long. Similar to what happens when you make coleslaw.
Here are a few ideas for main dishes that would accompany this salad well.
- Everything Bagel Chicken Tenders
- Turkey Burgers
- Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Skillet Lemon Rosemary Turkey Meatballs
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- 16 ounces shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl combine the brussels sprouts, Parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.
- Whisk together the lemon zest, juice, dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g