Parmesan chicken and brussels sprouts is an easy sheet pan dinner that’s perfect for weeknights! Chicken breasts are coated in a crunchy mixture of panko and parmesan cheese and roasted in the oven with brussels sprouts. Drizzle with honey mustard sauce for a tasty, hassle-free dinner!
This crispy Parmesan Chicken and Brussels Sprouts is an easy sheet pan dinner that’s perfect for fall! Serve it topped with an easy homemade honey mustard sauce for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Effortless weeknight dinners are a must for me, as I’m sure they are for you. I especially love when it’s one that can all be cooked in one pan. I didn’t grow up eating sheet pan meals, I’m not even sure they existed. But, boy do I love making them now.
I have several sheet pan recipes here on Recipe Runner. There are some for breakfast, like these apple spice sheet pan pancakes and several for dinner. Currently, I’m particularly fond of this recipe for parmesan chicken and brussels sprouts now that we’re heading into fall. While brussels sprouts are available year round, fall and winter is when they’re in season and at their best.
How To Select, Store, And Prep Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are generally sold individually in a bin at the store. You can also save time by buying them pre-packaged where they’ve already been washed and trimmed. If you go this route it generally costs more, but sometimes your time can be worth more than money.
- Avoid buying brussels sprouts where the leaves are wilted, have holes in them, or are yellowing.
- Look for brussels sprouts with leaves that are tightly layered together.
- Smaller brussels sprouts are generally sweeter than the large ones that can taste more like cabbage.
- Store the brussels sprouts in a produce bag in the crisper in your refrigerator. Don’t wash them until you are ready to use them.
- Brussels sprouts will keep for a week or so in the refrigerator, but are best used within 3-4 days of purchasing them.
- To prep brussels sprouts, wash them under cold water then pat them dry with a clean towel. Remove any wilted or yellowing leaves and trim the stem end.
- Before cooking, make sure the brussels sprouts are all similar size. Halve or quarter any that are larger.
Ingredients For Parmesan Chicken And Brussels Sprouts
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- parmesan cheese
- smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
How To Make Parmesan Chicken And Brussels Sprouts
Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil and spray it with cooking oil or just spray the pan itself with cooking oil. Set the pan aside and preheat the oven. While the oven heats, get out two bowls. In the first bowl crack an egg and add in a teaspoon of water. Whisk the egg.
In the second bowl mix together the panko, parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. I used 3/4 teaspoon of salt for about 1 1/4 pounds of chicken. Take the chicken breasts and cut them into strips and then dredge them in the egg.
Remove the chicken from the egg, add them to the panko mixture, toss them around in it until they’re coated, and then place them onto one half of the sheet pan.
Take the halved brussels sprouts and place them on the other half of the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and then toss them until they’re coated. Be sure to spread the brussels sprouts into a single layer and don’t crowd them too much or they’ll steam rather than get crispy.
Roast the chicken and brussels sprouts in the oven for 16-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, 165° F. While everything is in the oven, prepare the honey mustard sauce. Simply whisk together dijon mustard, honey and a little salt and pepper. You may want to add more honey depending on your taste.
When the chicken and brussels sprouts come out of the oven you can either drizzle the honey mustard on top or serve it on the side.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Boneless skinless chicken thighs will work well for this recipe.
Unfortunately it will soften once it’s refrigerated and is best eaten the same day. It still tastes good, but won’t be crisp.
More Sheet Pan Meals
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips. You can also use chicken tenders.
- 1/2 cup panko, gluten-free if needed
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil and spray it with cooking oil or spray the pan itself with cooking oil.
- Get out two bowls. In the first one whisk together an egg and a teaspoon of water. In the second bowl combine the panko, parmesan cheese, spices, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg mixture and then roll them around in the panko mixture until they're completely coated. Place them on one half of the sheet pan in a single layer with some space in between them.
- Place the halved brussels sprouts onto the other half of the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together with your hands until they're coated. Place the sheet pan in the oven and roast for 16-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165° F.
- While the chicken and brussels sprouts roast, whisk together the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce in a small bowl. Taste and adjust with more honey if needed.
- Once the chicken and brussels sprouts are done roasting, drizzle them with the honey mustard sauce or serve it on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 52g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.