This buffalo chicken salad is a healthier alternative to hot wings, but still has all the flavor. Top this loaded salad with a spicy ranch dressing for delicious and easy dinner!
Hi friends! It’s me again! I bet you weren’t expecting another recipe today, but I like to surprise you every once in a while, gotta keep things exciting! On top of sharing the recipe for the Buffalo Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing that is sure to become one of your favorite salads ever, I’m also teaming up with some other fabulous bloggers and Cuttingboard.com to give you the chance to win a beautiful new cutting board!
Having a good cutting board is a must in my kitchen. To be honest I actually have several and they all serve different purpose. One is specifically for meat, another for just onions and garlic, and finally this new Hinoki 14×9.5×1 cutting board that I received from Cuttingboard.com I’ve dedicated as my vegetable chopping board.
The board is just the right size for prepping vegetables or fruits for meals and can easily be stored away when you aren’t using it. When you make salads weekly like I do, having a good cutting board for chopping up all those vegetables is necessary. I love that all of the products from cuttingboards.com are 100% environmentally friendly and have been harvested from renewable resources.
Along with this Hinoki cutting board that I received, Cuttingboard.com also carries a large selection of John Boos boards and Proteak cutting boards which just happen to be the two boards we are giving away! They are proud to source products that are certified sustainable, renewable, or reclaimed, and they are also a member of 1% For the Planet and donate a portion of each sale to charity toward environmental causes.
Let’s talk about this Buffalo Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing and how I may quite possibly be obsessed with it and eat it 2-3 times a week. This salad is more about the toppings than it is about the lettuce, which when I’m making a salad for my husband is the only way he will have anything to do with it.
The star of course is the grilled chicken that is marinated in hot wing sauce. It tastes just like eating messy hot wings from the bar without any of the guilt. Of course it’s only appropriate that I include carrots, celery, and lots of crumbled blue cheese which are traditionally served with wings.
The final component is the spicy ranch dressing and it is not to be missed! Dipping wings in ranch dressing is a must in my book so making a spicy ranch dressing, and a waistline friendly one at that, was just what this buffalo chicken salad needed! Be sure to add this salad to your weekly dinner rotation and enter below for your chance to win one of two beautiful cutting boards!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise to make them thinner
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Spicy Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the hot sauce and salt for 30-60 minutes.
- Grill or pan fry the chicken until it is cooked through then let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add the chopped romaine lettuce to a large bowl and top the with the remaining salad ingredients and the sliced chicken.
Spicy Ranch Dressing
- In a small bowl of glass measuring cup whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until combined.
- Drizzle over the salad or serve alongside the salad.
It is best not to put the dressing over the entire salad if you plan to save it for leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 1339mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g
More Salad Recipes