Peach Corn Ricotta Crostini is a must for summer entertaining! Peaches and corn paired with ricotta are the perfect sweet and salty bite! Best served al fresco with your favorite bottle of wine.
I love doing appetizers for dinner on the weekends. I love them even more during the summer when we can sit outside and enjoy them with a chilled glass of rosé or white wine.
A few of my favorite summer appetizers are grilled peach and burrata crostini, shrimp ceviche, and this fig, prosciutto and goat cheese grilled pizza. And today, I’m adding to that list, these peach corn ricotta crostini.
What’s the difference between crostini and bruschetta?
Crostini translates to “little toasts”. A baguette is usually used when making crostini. The baguette slices are toasted and often brushed with olive oil.
Bruschetta is made with whole slices of bread, often sourdough or a rustic Italian style bread. The bread is toasted and then rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil.
Ingredients for Peach Corn Ricotta Crostini
Baguette – Traditionally used to make crostini. It’s gets crisp and crunchy when toasted, similar to a crouton.
Corn – If fresh corn is in season use that and grill it if possible. Otherwise, defrosted frozen will work.
Peaches – Fresh sweet peaches are a great combination with the sweet corn and salty ricotta.
White Balsamic Vinegar – Less intense in flavor than regular balsamic vinegar. Mildly sweet and it won’t change the color of the peaches and corn.
Ricotta – Creamy, a little salty, and mild in flavor. I recommend using full fat for the creamiest texture, but you can use part-skim ricotta as well.
Red Pepper Flakes – These are optional, but if you want a little kick of heat to contrast with the sweet peach and corn topping add it.
Fresh Basil – Basil adds fresh flavor to the crostini and pairs well with both peaches and corn. I’ve used the combination often, such as in this peach tomato caprese salad and this blueberry corn feta salad.
Balsamic Glaze – Sweet and tangy and perfect drizzled on top of the finished crostini.
How To Make Crostini
Preheat your grill or oven depending on if you are grilling the corn and bread or just toasting the bread in the oven. You’ll want the temperature for both to be 425° F.
Grill the corn for about 10-12 minutes, turning it every few minutes until it’s a little charred on all sides. Remove the corn and let it cool long enough so that you can handle it and cut off the kernels.
Slice the baguette into about 1/2 in thick slices. I can typically get about 12 slices from half of a baguette. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
Whether you’re grilling or oven baking the baguette slices, keep an eye on them so that they don’t burn. They’ll only take 1-2 minutes per side on the grill.
To make the peach and corn topping, take the corn kernels and diced peaches and add them to a bowl. Add in the white balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of salt, and a couple pinches of red pepper flakes if you’re using them. Stir everything together.
Top the baguette slices with a spoonful of ricotta. Spread it out to the edges. Add a spoonful of the peaches and corn on top of the ricotta. Repeat until you’ve used up all the ingredients. Finish off the crostini with chopped fresh basil, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
Substitutions and Variations
- Substitute peaches with nectarines.
- Grill the corn and peaches for a smoky charred flavor.
- Substitute ricotta cheese with burrata or mascarpone.
- Use fresh squeezed lime juice in place of white balsamic vinegar for a more zesty, citrus flavor.
- Whip the ricotta in a blender or food processor for an ultra smooth and creamy consistency.
More Crostini Recipes
Did you make this Peach Corn Ricotta Crostini? I’d love if you’d leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen. For extra flavor grill the corn.
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches
- 2 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup ricotta
- 12 slices of baguette
- Torn basil leaves, balsamic glaze and flaky sea salt for garnish
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast in the oven or on the grill at 425° F. until golden brown or lightly charred if on the grill.
- In a bowl, combine the corn, peaches, vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Stir everything together.
- Spread a spoonful of the ricotta on top of each slice of baguette. Add a spoonful of the peach corn topping onto the ricotta. Garnish with torn basil, balsamic glaze, and a pinch of sea salt.
- For the best flavor, let the peach and corn topping marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a registered dietician for the most accurate nutritional information.