Carrots get a big boost of flavor in this easy to make side dish! Honey Roasted Carrots with Goat Cheese and Thyme are colorful, sweet, savory and perfect for this year’s Thanksgiving table!
This week it’s all about food that needs to be on your Thanksgiving table because somehow Thanksgiving is next week! I’m starting things off with these Honey Roasted Carrots with Goat Cheese and Thyme. It’s a super easy side dish to make and one that’s hard to stop eating too!
On my run Saturday morning, I was finishing up and going through one of the neighborhoods when something shiny caught my eye. I turned and there plastered all over the lawn and front of the house was Christmas. Really. We’re two weeks into November.
It wasn’t just a wreath on the door, it was lights, snowflakes, lawn decorations AND the wreath. Why? Why can’t we remember that there’s this holiday called Thanksgiving! No one cares that you’re the first person in the neighborhood to have your decorations up. In fact I’m sure the neighbors all rolled their eyes when they went to get their newspaper that morning.
I’ve got nothing against Christmas, but it really annoys me when people can’t slow down and appreciate every holiday and let it have it’s moment to shine. I’m hoping I won’t see any more houses like this until Thanksgiving is over, but I’m not holding onto much hope.
I’m sure many of you are starting to look at recipes to make this Thanksgiving. I obsess over them every year because I love the holiday so much. I go back and forth between side dish, desserts and what’s the best way to prepare my turkey.
Since it’s just a Thanksgiving for two this year, the spread won’t be as big, which means each dish needs to be extra special. My husband’s favorites are these cheesy potatoes and he has to have his rolls…he’s a carb man.
I’m currently obsessing about these honey roasted carrots with goat cheese and thyme. They have just the right amount of sweet and savory flavor and they aren’t mushy at all. They’re not the cooked carrots you may have been forced to eat as a child.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your Thanksgiving menu is as long as it’s filled with beautiful and delicious foods that you and your family love. Stop by Wednesday for another classic side dish with a healthier spin on it!
- 14 carrots, cut in half lengthwise then into approximately 2 inch long pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together the carrots, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Dump the carrots out onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread them into a single layer.
- Place the carrots in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, drizzle with the honey and toss to coat them.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for another 10 or until slightly caramelized and softened.
- Place the roasted carrots on a serving platter and top with the crumbled goat cheese, thyme and another drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g